How should I take NUVIGIL?
- Take NUVIGIL exactly as prescribed by your doctor. Your doctor will prescribe the
dose of NUVIGIL that is right for you. Do not change your dose of NUVIGIL without
talking to your doctor
- Your doctor will tell you the right time of day to take NUVIGIL
- People with narcolepsy or obstructive sleep apnea (OSA) usually take 1 dose of NUVIGIL
- People with excessive sleepiness (ES) due to shift work disorder (SWD), usually
take NUVIGIL about 1 hour before their work shift
- Do not change the time of day you take NUVIGIL unless you have talked to your doctor.
If you take NUVIGIL too close to your bedtime, you may find it harder to go to sleep
- You can take NUVIGIL with or without food
- If you take more than your prescribed dose or if you take an overdose of NUVIGIL,
call your doctor or poison-control center right away
What should I avoid while taking NUVIGIL?
- Do not drive or do other dangerous activities until you and your doctor know how
NUVIGIL affects you
- Avoid drinking alcohol
Can I take other medicines (including birth control) at the same time as NUVIGIL?
Tell your doctor about all the medicines you take, including prescription and nonprescription
medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.
NUVIGIL and many other medicines can interact with each other, sometimes causing
side effects. NUVIGIL may affect the way other medicines work, and other medicines
may affect how NUVIGIL works.
Especially, tell your doctor if you use a hormonal birth control method. NUVIGIL
can affect hormonal birth control methods, including pills, shots, implants, patches,
vaginal rings, and hormone-releasing intrauterine devices.
Women who use hormonal birth control with NUVIGIL may have a higher chance of getting
pregnant while taking NUVIGIL, and for 1 month after stopping NUVIGIL.Talk to your
doctor about birth control methods that are right for you while using NUVIGIL.
Keep a list of all the medicines you take. Your doctor or pharmacist will tell you
if it is safe to take NUVIGIL and other medicines together.
Do not take other medicines with NUVIGIL unless your doctor has told you it is okay.
Talk to your doctor about whether you should avoid driving or using heavy machinery
while taking NUVIGIL.